Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Month

Good Start



Okay. This first image is the one I’m using for the month of February on the calendar design experiment I am doing this year.

For now let’s just call it abstract impressionism. In my next blog post, I may divulge what it’s actually a picture of.



On my way to take the daily shot of the little sunflower, I found this blue flower growing in the same flower bed as that red one I found last week.

It seems there is always some new flower popping up somewhere around the Treehouse to throw some color into what otherwise would’ve been a drab first of February.
 


When I looked inside the sunflower today I could see that 2, or 3 seeds were almost formed. As long as there’s some green on those leaves there is likely some photosynthesis going on to provide the energy it takes to make the seeds.



It was nice to see the colors on otherwise gray toned day. It was another beautiful day, giving me a world of wonders and marvelous magical moments.



I found some fun new things to do with the iPod Touch, and when I stopped by the violin shop to show it to John, he made a stand I could set it in so that its steady for making movies, (More about that in today’s relatively appropriate video).



Monday’s Music Fest was a lot of fun. Peggy played well, and in addition to Margaret Miller’s poetry, and Kathern’s singing, we had the start of a new singing duo/dancing sensation, doing their version of Chantilly Lace.


Waiting for the entertainment to start.

Our resident gourmet, health-conscious, baker extraordinere, Linda, made another batch of her delicious apple dapple turnovers. It was a nice treat.



Tomorrow morning I will step out on the balcony and if I see my shadow, it means the sun is shining.

If I were a groundhog in Pennsylvania, some guy in a top hat would be dragging me out of a box, and holding me up to see if I see my shadow. (I wonder who came up with that one?)

Apparently it was a newspaper publicity stunt gone viral;

The trail of groundhog history actually leads back to Clymer H. Freas, city editor of the Punxsutawney Spirit newspaper. In 1887, he was inspired by a group of local hunters and gourmets who held a groundhog hunt followed by a picnic barbecue of, well, you know. Anyway, Freas thought it so much fun that he wrote up the group as the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club and went on to promote the Punxsutawney Groundhog as the official weather forecaster. As he embellished the story year after year, other newspapers picked it up and soon everyone looked to Punxsutawney Phil for the critical prediction of when spring would return to the nation. (Source - Star Tribune)


Today’s Somewhat Appropriate Video;



Solid Footing

No comments: