Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bright Ideas

Beautiful Day




It was a day of inspiration, and action.


Yesterday’s breakfast

I have been researching possible solutions to a shortcoming that occasionally crops up when I am recording live music. The method that I have been using, sometimes needs an additional microphone, or 2, from a different vantage point.



I could get a mixer with more channels that would produce more live tracks, but that would be a major expense for a part time need. I could get a small, portable digital recorder at an affordable price, but I had the feeling that there was a more elegant solution.



For a few dollars more than a dedicated portable recorder, I could get a full featured device that supports the same recording software that I use with the MacBook. And it is designed to integrate with my other Apple devices. I got an iPod Touch.



The iPod Touch does everything an iPhone does, but without the phone bill. It surfs the internet, does email, takes pictures and HD movies, takes advantage of the 400,000 App selection to do just about everything one could imagine, does messaging, phone calls, and video conferencing, etc.

The real deal maker happened right after I got it home and downloaded GarageBand so it became a full featured digital recorder. Like most things Apple, it is designed to do the things it does, effortlessly, pleasingly, and reliably. Let the magic begin.



Today’s Somewhat Relative Video;




Syncronicity

No comments: