Friday, January 6, 2012

Chilly Morning

Warm Afternoon



Today started out rather chilly I had to wear a jacket. It was cloudy but it didn’t deter the birds, bees, and flowers. They were all busy participating in the pollinating process.
 


I went out to town to get a few things at Trader Joe’s and by the time I got back it was already about 70°.



The white rose along the driveway has started turning pink. I have become very aware of what roses are blooming and which ones are old, and which ones have disappeared overnight. I don’t think I’ve ever been so cognizant of the behavior of plants, flowers, bugs and birds, as I have become while living here at the Treehouse.



All this beauty in the life around here has certainly given me something to take pictures of. In addition to spiritual fulfillment, it helps develop my composition skills as well as editing and putting the results in a form that I can post here to share with you.



The angle of the sun and clouds and the development of the flowers themselves, are a constant source of beautiful changing shadows, light and texture. It certainly keeps me and my camera very busy.



Sometimes I don’t need to use any effects for a picture I’ve taken. The light, the shadows, the color, everything, is just right. I like that. This picture, (above), is one of those. That blue background is the Redding afternoon sky, today.



On the other hand, it can be a lot of fun playing with these newfangled technological wonders of photo editing.



Well that’s about it for tonight. I guess I should wish those of you that are Greek Orthodox Catholic, a very Merry Christmas.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Images

No comments: