Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day

Here In Redding



What a great start of a new year… The weather was wonderful, and the sunlight, once I got out and about, was just right.

When I left the house the 49ers were two touchdowns ahead and had one more quarter to play. They put in their second string and began measuring themselves for Super Bowl rings before the game was over.

I think this whole idea of saving it up for the ‘big game’ is annoying. It’s my observation that every game is The Big Game, and if you don’t play that way chances are really good that you are going to lose. Oh well, that’s why I don’t get the big bucks for being a coach.

Instead that motivated me to get out of the house and away from the TV. With camera in hand, I headed up the road to take a few pictures around Reading starting with Shasta Lake, Mount Shasta, and Shasta Dam, all in one shot from the dam overlook, (which is a beautiful place to take pictures and start the day). The moon was out and I took a lot of pictures of the moon and birds flying across the moon throughout the day.



I put some of the pictures into a little slide show here that you see on this page. I made this slide show in Picasa which is a Google program that I enjoy very much.




Once I was home and looking through the pictures, I still had a chance to go out and take a couple more images as the sun was setting. This gave me an opportunity to play with those pictures using some of the effects and gizmos I’ve got in apps for the MacBook.




I checked the football scores and the 49ers managed not to lose the game. I’m ever so happy to see that. It’s been a long time since they’ve had a winning season.

There were some leftovers in the refrigerator, (leftovers from last year). I had two kinds of meat; A chicken thing made from poor little animals force fed corn, and the remainder of the organic beef sirloin roast that I got at Trader Joe’s. This would be the second meal I made of the chicken, and the third meal I got out of that little organic beef thing. I feel like I have eaten enough meat to last me for all of 2012.



Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




What A World

No comments: