Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Little Rain

Music To My Ears
 


It sure was nice during the stormy nights, hearing the rain on the roof, with windblown drops beating against the windows at times.

The storms left snow on the mountains and even as low as the dam road where I went to take pictures of the snow on Mount Shasta on Monday.

It was kind of funny, because after I had been up taking the pictures, I stopped into Trader Joe’s and was talking with the girl at the check out counter about taking pictures up by the dam road.

She asked tentatively, “Where exactly is that road?”

I said, “The one by Shasta dam and Lake.”

“Oh, the dam road”, she exclaimed with relief.



I embed-ed a slide show on here from Flickr of some of the pictures from the last 2 days, including a couple of nice shots of the snow on Mt. Shasta.



Around the Treehouse there were still some flowers looking mighty pretty that I took pictures of, and I’m happy to post them here.
 


Pres. Obama’s State of the Union address tonight, and I am reminded that he’s a very good president under the circumstances.

He continues to patiently try to work with the racist and obstructionist Congress without being drawn into their name-calling and negativity.

He is a more dignified statesman than any other elected official in our present government.




What a great year for the San Francisco 49ers. It’s been a long time since they’ve had such a good team and gone as far as they did. I look forward to more exciting football next season. Go Niners!



The two bands, here in Redding are sounding good and they are well received by their respective audiences. The one band is blues, and the other band is more melody oriented. I like singing in both.

The third band, in Richmond with Marion and Leona, The LMP Trio, was possibly going to play this January, but things change. I think next month, or March, I may go down to Richmond to record some more songs for an additional CD, if we can fit it into our schedules.



I am certainly happy to have so many wonderful things to do that interest and inspire me.

The Viola iBook for the iPad should be complete in the next couple of weeks or so, and we’ll see how that is welcomed by the Apple store when it’s published.

That’s a project that I’ve been working on for three years and I still find it exciting.

I hope you’re enjoying these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking, and editing them to make them as interesting as possible. Life is good.

Today’s Somewhat Appropriate Video;





Sunny Disposition

No comments: