Sunday, January 8, 2012

In The Daytime

Colors Abound



From the deep red of this simple little rosebud, soon to join the other ‘driveway roses’ in full-blown beauty, to this combination of red and yellow ‘parking lot’ roses, it has been a delightful day of color.





This red ‘parking lot’ rose as been featured a lot lately in my recent posts simply because of its stunning beauty in shape, color, and light gathering capability.



All three of the above pictures are of the same rose, just taken from different angles at about the same time this afternoon.



It was hard to tear myself away from all the beauty here at the Treehouse Apartments, but there was a new organic coffee shop that I wanted to check out. So off to town I went.

I tried the coffee and wished them well and headed for the Sundial Bridge.



It was a beautiful day down at the Sundial Bridge, and along the water there were lots of people out enjoying this fine January heatwave.



There were plenty of birds flying up and down the river, and I did my best to get as many pictures of them as possible. Here are a couple of my favorites.
 


The weather was warm and comfortable and I was tempted to just stay there for a couple hours until sunset, but I wanted to get back to get pictures of the moonrise from the Treehouse Apartments.

I did get many shots of the moon rise and the mountains, but I’m going to put them in the next blog post.

I’ll leave you with the ‘song of the day’ being a video about this nice lady in New Hampshire that makes maple syrup.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Hot Cakes and Syrup

No comments: