Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Solar Winds

Dazzling Lights

One of the nice things about the Internet is how quickly one can see events that are happening around the world. This video from Lapland was taken just yesterday, and today I’m able to watch some wonderful stop motion images of people observing the Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis.



I sometimes put my movies and videos on Vimeo. I generally try to put my very best work there because the other videos on that site are about as good as you can get.



Speaking of as good as you can get, life here at the Treehouse remains interesting, inspiring, and the natural world around here is constantly entertaining.



The little sunflower I have been following, is still alive, and the handful of other flowers that dot the landscape are growing bigger and getting more beautiful everyday.



Today, Linda brought her iPad over, and I got to see my iBook about the Viola, previewed  on the iPad. It really looks good, and the features work flawlessly. There are only a few more things to complete and it will be ready to publish probably in about two weeks.
 


It’s very tempting to want to go back and shoot all new pictures for certain sections, but that would be better as another book that I can make as a follow-up, should there be a need for a follow-up.



I’ve had recent requests to record some songs with just me playing my guitar and singing, (without my bands), for a live audience. I look forward to doing that soon, somehow, somewhere, and there is even the probability that I will film while I’m playing, so I can produce a song or two and put them on Vimeo to share with you.



I sure enjoy the flowers, birds, and sites around the Treehouse. There is always something interesting that captures my photographers eye.



Today I saw the occasional bee buzzing about, but is nothing like those last few weeks when the bees were having a banquet of flowers to pollinate. Now there’s just a few flowers and accordingly there’s just a few hungry bees. The bulk of the bees have buzzed off to bigger and more bountiful food sources.
 


I got an early start this morning when the local CHP helicopter was circling around the neighborhood. They certainly aren’t those silent black helicopters that one hears about from the tinfoil hat people.

I was happy to get this picture of it, even though my morning cup of coffee hadn’t had time to fully open my eyes.



We have been enjoying some much needed rain here in Redding. I hope that wherever you are, you are enjoying something much needed, too.

Today’s video can take your breath away. It is one of the high quality presentations you can find on Vimeo. The accompanying song is a wonderful example of a poetic folk song that explains the nature of the universe in 800 words and one chord. The combination of thought provoking imagery from the visuals and words awakens the infinite that lives within our souls.

Today’s Somewhat Appropriate Video;




It’s A Beautiful Universe

No comments: