Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chilly Today

Maybe Snow This Week



Record-setting low temperatures and a wet weather system on the way, suggests the possibility that Mt Lassen will have a new coat of snow in a day or two.




There are not a lot of roses left to worry about during these hard freezes. Someone has stripped most of the bushes bare of their colorful rosebuds, and there’s only about a dozen or so flowers remaining.
 


Luckily I probably have pictures of every single rose that was on any bush here at the Treehouse over the last 3 or 4 years. So if I get to feeling there is a lack of color on the grounds, I can just print up some pictures and stick em on the bare stems.



I hope to see this rosebud, (above), reach maturity. It should be quite spectacular.
 


So far, the little sunflower is surviving the cold, and growing more petals each day.



I was outside taking some pictures before the afternoon music fest, and Charlie’s dog, Brownie, seemed so full of energy that I just had to snap a shot or two.



Dinner tonight was a combination of leftover steamed vegetables and leftover Trader Joe’s, chicken lasagna. This was the third meal made from each one of them, but it was the first time they were together on the same plate.

It may have been cool today, but there was plenty of sunshine, and of course music with the Treehouse Cabaret Band, (or whatever we’re calling it this week).

Margaret Miller read a couple of new poems today, and I recorded them along with the music that we played. Maybe I can find little time to mix down those things so that I can put them on here for your enjoyment.

In the meantime I leave you with one of my favorite Hammond B3 players and this little 18th century chart topping hit.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Harmonic Mathematics

No comments: