Monday, January 16, 2012

Building

Dreams



I took a ride out to see Mark’s new house the other day, and he was out working on the detached garage.

The house itself has a two-car garage, but Mark wants this detached garage so that he can use it as a music room, (conservatory).



Mark is nearly finished with building the house and it’s quite beautiful. He did most of the work himself. When he’s not building houses, or being a salmon fishing guide, he plays the bass in the Phil Seymour Band.



Tonight, Mark, John, Jerry, and Sarah played with me at the new Jefferson State Blues Society Sunday night jam. I didn’t see anyone taking pictures of us while we played. They wee too busy dancing to take pictures, I think, so I have no picture to show you. Suffice it to say everybody had a good time and the music was enjoyable.



We now have two blues societies here in Redding. I think it’s real nice that they both like to have my band come and play. There was a big turnout, so they may be very successful. I hope so, because that gives me two places to play blues each week when the band’s not working.



This little bit of shrubbery,(above), is growing down below my apartment. I took a picture of it today because it just looks so bright and cheery in the midst of our wintry weather.
 


Our roses here at the Treehouse are beautiful as ever, but lately they’ve been disappearing a lot. I guess someone wants to make their home a festive place with fresh cut roses.

So, I make it a point to get out there every day and take a picture of the roses as they grow before they start to look so good that somebody feels compelled to pick them.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




My Appreciation Is Boundless

No comments: