Friday, August 10, 2012

So Refined

With Musical Accompaniment



Where were we? Oh yes, thank you, Saki. Your picture reminded me. We were in Richmond.
 


Of course, this is Marian’s back yard, (at least a portion of it). I enjoy the harmonious arrangements of landscaping on her property. I am glad she shares this with me.



The LMP Trio were together in Richmond for the opening of a new exhibit at the Museum of History. It was to illustrate and celebrate the historical relationship between the city of Richmond, and the Standard Oil, (now called Chevron), refinery.



Marian’s friend and neighbor, Jim, took the band to dinner at Salute on Marina Bay. It is located along the water, near the Rosie Riveter museum and the Chevron Refinery.
 


We had a nice table with a view of the marina. The food was delicious. Our waiter, whose name was, ‘Gon’, rolled up a dessert cart at the end of our main course, and we all made selections according to each of our tastes.

It was during this part of the meal that we heard the TV come on in the adjoining room. Looking that way, we could see a picture of a refinery fire. It took me a moment to realize it was the Chevron refinery in Richmond.



I went out to the parking lot, and there it was. I took a short movie with the iPod touch while Marian, Leona, and Jim were coming out to the car.

Today’s Video;




Good Food

No comments: