Sunday, January 20, 2013

Different Perspectives

Based On Where One Stands



I just finished reading Killed at the Whim of a Hat by Colin Cotterill. It is an interesting and entertaining detective story set in Thailand. The mix of Western and Asian influences in family dynamics would be story enough, but the many plot lines are thicker than sticky rice.



A faster read, for me, was the latest Walt Longmire mystery by Craig Johnson, As The Crow Flies. This is one of those kind of books that I will consume in one reading if I don’t make myself put it on the nightstand to finish reading the next night.



The past few days have been a treasure trove of delight for photography, and just plain old viewing enjoyment. I have been clicking away at so many interesting subjects, that I have created a logjam of images. Any one of the hundreds of pictures would be a keeper, and even after pareing that number down by disqualifying images with correctable flaws, I still have a lot of really nice photos.



I would like to find an HTML5 App that I can use to display art and graphics in new ways, but so far, I haven’t found any that work well for me. I really don’t want to write computer applications. For me, that is the antithesis of creativity and best left to someone who finds joy in writing programs.



In the meantime, there are a few other ways in which I can display many pictures at once. There are galleries, slideshows, and presentations, in addition to video’s.

I have sorted the new images into files of manageable numbers. My plan is to make a few new videos combining the images with some of my recent recordings. I just need to set aside the time to do it.

It takes me about 10 hours to produce a simple 3 minute video. That is after the images and music have already been edited and are in their presentable forms.



What a wonderful world I got plopped into. I have been given opportunities to make the best of the person that is me. This hasn’t always been the case. There were years when I stood in opposition to my best interests, but I think those times were necessary learning experiences and the value of the knowledge gained could not have been achieved any other way.

Today’s Light Video;

LUX AETERNA from Cristóbal Vila on http://vimeo.com">Vimeo
.


Time To Love

No comments: