Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Beautiful 1st



It was a lovely first day of the new year, here in Redding. Yesterday was beautiful, too.



New Years Eve fell on a Monday, so P&P played an augmented Monday Music Fest for the residents at the Treehouse. There was food aplenty, and a good time was had by all who participated.

I loaded up a plate full of goodies;



I even saved some room for apple, and pumpkin pie...



I congratulate all who made last years journey around the sun. Every one of us cosmic travelers flew at least 584,020,178 miles this last year, and at the time of this posting, we will have already hurtled 1,600,055 miles through space on our new trip around the sun.



Maybe now that the new year has begun, the various associations, and action groups that I support, will stop sending requests for donations. They all seemed quite certain that December 31st was my last chance to give them money.



The other night, I took a picture of my dinner;



I do that a lot...Take pictures of the things I eat.

This time it was different.

I looked at the picture and realized that this nice looking entrée could just as well be made of bread, tofu, or frittata, instead of some miserable, tortured, factory creature.

I still have a few frozen food items that are made out of ‘things they call chickens’, and I can’t afford to not eat them, but after they are gone, I am going to experiment with real food items to cook and put sauces on.



I guess thats my new year’s resolution; Eat foods that don’t support meat factories.

I wonder if I will find a new source for local organic eggs this year?

 
Today’s Uplifting Video;

Landfill Harmonic film teaser from Landfill Harmonic on http://vimeo.com">Vimeo
.

Music Has The Keys

No comments: