Thursday, March 15, 2012

Daily Discoveries

And Other Treats



I am always looking for fun things to do in editing photographs. I don’t know how many photo editing and effects applications I have tried, but I still keep a few for all my needs.

Imagine my surprise when after the latest update to Picasa 3, I discovered, (there’s that discovery thing), that this free Google program which I have been using for 4 years, made some significant improvements by adding many of my favorite effects.

I should mention that they also added some social networking stuff that I will never use, but apparently is popular with the young folks.



Today was rainy and provided me with lots of wet flowers to photograph. Some of the new blossoms, petals, and leaves, were experiencing their first contact with H2O.



The muted illumination provided texture to the objects, and colors that I normally don’t get. I guess you could say that I was able to see things in a different light.



I wondered how I was going to express the essence of what I saw in the images today, that would appear here on the blog. I guess the answer came in the form of the update to the Picasa program. It had many of the controls that I needed to help define each image.



One of the discoveries I made about the iPod Touch that I recently got, was that it is a wonderful addition to the books that I read just before I go to sleep. The movies and video on that little thing are just right for a person laying down and looking at this device from about a foot away.

A favorite site is called, TED, where I watch fascinating talks, from interesting people, about a variety of subjects. Here’s a link to an inspirational story in which I think you will likely discover something mentally stimulating. Simon Lewis on TED



All of the images shown here were edited in Picasa 3. My cereal was not photographed in the rain, but it did have milk on it. I think it was the first milk experience for all the fruits and flakes gathered in the bowl.



Tonight’s Relative Video;




Oceans Of Discovery

No comments: