Friday, December 2, 2011

Comparatively Speaking

Some Things Are Incomparable

I received an e-mail from Marian today, that contained a slide show of color images taken across America from 1939 to 1943. Captured: America In Color



The collection included this color picture of Shasta dam under construction taken in 1942 by photographer Russell Lee.

Note the location of the penstocks in the construction picture, and below as seen from the dam overlook. To give you a sense of scale, this dam is about three times the height of Niagara Falls.




Now, let’s take a look around the Treehouse earlier today.
 


Lassen looks inspiring.



The bees were busy.







Roses bloomed amid the fallen leaves.




The bees added color to the flowers.



This red rose has not been modified. What you see is the way it looked.




The colors of the the leaves behind this rose, prompted me to take this shot.


That’s all I have for you, today. There are no axes to grind or causes that I feel I must promote. The events of the day have left me satisfied and content with my inner self, and my outer self had a good time performing at the Shasta Blues Society Thursday Jam.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;
( It seems appropriate to replay this video from 8 months ago.)




What A World

No comments: