Friday, December 9, 2011

Get Up Early

For The Lunar Eclipse

In North America, skywatchers located in western Canada and the United States should have a great view of the eclipse, which will start at around 4:45 a.m. PST, when the Earth's shadow begins to creep across the lunar disk.

By 6:05 a.m. PST, the moon will be fully engulfed in a glow that could range from light orange to blood red.

There is a good story about this in The Christian Science Monitor



A Healthy Breakfast



Okay. Let’s begin with a good breakfast. You may remember in a previous blog I was mentioning the good cereals from Nature’s Path, well here’s an example of one of the ones that I helped name and design the box. Because I, like thousands of other people who were taking that same survey, clicked on the boxes that I thought were good. I think this is the one I clicked on. Either way, the cereal’s really tasty and good for me.



It’s very healthy, and of course it doesn’t hurt to have all this fresh organic fruit on top of it.

The flowers are wanting their pictures taken and various applications I have, have been wanting me to use them, so I do.



I had plenty of time to take pictures of flowers because the battery for the Buick was over at Cory’s tires being charged.

My neighbor Charlie, helped take the battery out of the car, and we took it to Mike Cory’s tire place.





After leaving the battery there, I saw this pink rose with white, shining in the sunlight as we drove up the driveway, and I knew how I was going to spend some of my time while the light was still good.




One of the wonderful things about living here at the Treehouse Apartments, is that I can just walk somewhere on the grounds at any time of the day, as long as there is some light, and find something beautiful just needing to be photographed.



Just about the time we were to go pick up the battery, I noticed that the sun had set and the light on Mount Lassen was looking really good. It was time to take a few more pictures.
 


In the afterglow of day there were plenty of flowers that had enough inner light that they came out perfectly in the images that I took with the Lumix TZ3 camera.



There seems to be an abundance of roses, but that’s what we’ve got. A wonderful beautiful abundance of roses. How lucky for a guy that likes to take pictures of flowers.



The full moon rising was a great indicator of things to come, provided I am awake at a quarter of five in the morning watching the total eclipse of the moon, just before it sets and the sun rises.



Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Early Birds See The Eclipse

No comments: