Thursday, December 29, 2011

Soon To Be

A New Year



Soon the door will be opening on 2012. We shall see what the start of the new year, (according to the Gregorian calendar), has to bring to all of us.

Some people have decided that 2012 is the end of the Mayan long count calendar, and we should be worried. I think we should be more worried about wasting our time worrying.



The local forecast calls for rain here in Redding. It certainly was dark today when I took pictures of the flowers, but that sometimes brings out their color in ways that the sun won’t.

This one rose looked like it would taste like butterscotch it was so beautiful and edible looking. I just had to get a real close-up shot so you can see what I mean.



This sort of shows its tastiness, but I think I will put it through one of the enhancing programs and see what happens.



It’s kind of hard to decide, but I think I like it. I’ll keep both on here.

One of my favorite trees here, is one that I call the chocolate tree.

It turns from green to red to chocolate every year, and never ceases to fascinate me.

Today, it made an impressive sight against the gray sky.



Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Time For A New Calendar

No comments: