Saturday, December 3, 2011

Solid Footing

On Uneven Ground

The new tripod arrived in the mail today. I sent for it because it has flexible legs that you can attach to just about anything.



I used the old Olympus camera as a prop here so that I could take a picture of the tripod. After those shots, it was time to screw the detachable shoe onto the Lumix and get busy testing this flexible leg tripod.

From The TV
 
Home sweet home.

From the Curtain Rod



I am using myself as the subject in these test shots because I was the only subject around at the time. The shots turned out the way I had hoped they would from the different angles.

For this next shot I simply spread the legs of the tripod and set it on a bush.



The Moon and Mt. Lassen were clear and sharp and easy to take pictures of especially with the solid footing of the tripod.
 


I love this stuff.



When I was filling the gas tank today, I looked between the two gas pumps and could see Mount Lassen in the distance. I took a picture between the two pumps and it paints the picture of being in a little town surrounded by geographical splendor.



After I gassed up the car I drove over to the little empty lot right next to that gray building, (which is a car wash), and took the following picture of Mt. Shasta;



Of course I don’t need a tripod for all the pictures I take and once back home I took hand held pictures of a favorite flower or two.



“How Ya Doin’ Bud?”



As you can see I spent the day immersed in my photography . I even forgot to go take pictures of the Christmas parade, but they’ll probably have another one next year.

I’m not sure what I’ll do for today’s relatively appropriate song because I can’t seem to find anything in the new improved version of YouTube.  I will give it a try and we will see what I come up with.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Foot Tappin’

No comments: