Sunday, February 24, 2013

Breeze With A Bite

Still Not Winter, Yet



The light was right for photography. The breeze had a sharp edge to it. If one was out in the open, a jacket and a sweater were essential for spending a lot of time outside. It sure was worth it. The days pictures were sharp and colorful with good white balance.



I began the day with the usual bowl of Natures Path organic cereal, (you can see the flakes peeking out from beneath the fresh fruit), then a quick check of my email, and I headed out to check my mailbox. As always, a camera, accompanied me.


Baby crow watches mom fly off in the wind

AT&T is so nice. They never forget to send me a letter every month.

Silverscript, (prescription drug plan), sent me the same printed material that Orangepeel was sending before they were acquired by Silverscript. All they did was put their name on the badly designed forms. I guess that saved them the cost of hiring someone with graphic design experience. I wonder how long it will be before Bain Capital buys Silverscript, lays off the employees, then declares bankruptcy and makes a tidy profit?


The light was bright on the balcony

I set up the FZ35 to take a picture of me holding a pullthepork.org sign, so I could send that to the rally by email. I don’t have the money to go to demonstrations in other parts of the country, but this one made it easy to at least send a picture showing support for the cause.



I ended up taking the picture with my iPod Touch, while I shot some video of a nice clump of blossoms that the bees would not go near. I need to observe bee behavior more closely to see if I can distinguish why they are attracted to some blossoms over others.


Friday night moon

Just before sunset, I took a ride down to the river by the Sundial Bridge to get some late sun color tones lighting up the gnomon. I spent most of the time taking pictures of the sea gulls that were bedding down for the night on a gravel bar island in the middle of the Sacramento river.

It was a popular idea. They were packed tightly, but still accommodating new arrivals, as well as Canada geese, coots, and ducks. I took some pictures of the moon on the way out, getting some nice moon and bird pix, then stopped on the way home to catch the last rays of sun lighting up Mount Shasta.

I couldn’t decide on 3 or 4 pictures to show you, so I made a little slideshow movie for you.


Today’s Video;



Another Magical Day

No comments: